Metasite's Open Billing: the alternative billing solution for utilities, cable TVs, ISPs and telecoms
Billing systems need a new start
Billing processes the most important data in the company: customers, products/services and invoices. Yet from a business owner point of view, “billing” often does not have a good reputation:
- Anything billing-related means slow, expensive and complicated
- Business usually ends up adapting to billing, not the other way around
- Exciting and valuable business features often are developed outside of billing in peripheral systems
Most billing systems were designed five or even ten years ago. Most of the business logic in such systems is either in the interface or in the database. Both are not good when you want to automate and integrate processes across several systems.
Ok, how are you different?
Our billing system is different: it was designed from scratch to allow for easy integration with other systems. Metasite's Open Billing is service-oriented and process-oriented. Technologically, it's the latest trend in enterprise application developent. It gives you:
- Instant openness: it's a collection of web services with a pleasing interface
- Cheap customisation: adapt processes and functionality using JBOSS BPML (Business Process Markup Language)
- Ready functionality: start from a core set of features that actually works out of the box
List of out-of-the-box features
- Subscriber accounting
- Contract management
- Address dictionary
- Multiple monthly services per customer
- Flexible pricing architecture supporting campaigns
- One-time charges for repairs/installation and other work performed
- Import of external usage data such as IP telephony and other
- Services and rate plans management
- Invoice generation with flexible invoice templates
- Invoice distribution via email, to printing or directly to post office
Payments and debt management
- Standard cash collection integration with banks and cash registers
- Supports direct debit
- Debt management
- Multiple geographical sales and service points
- Automated subscriber activation/deactivation in external systems
- Manual deactivation task management
Customer premises equipment (e.g. modem, security control panel, other)
- Equipment accounting and warehouse management
- Manage equipment lifecycle
- Task and incident management
- Accessible from remote location via smart phone / PDA device
- Report generation engine built in (exports to Excel)
- Smart automated data entry quality control unique feature
- Standard integration with financial accounting software
- Customer churn prediction unique feature
- User rights management on screen level
- Detailed employee activity logs
- Open Billing can grow to meet your unique needs easily by integrating with external applications or via custom modules
- Billing provides standard online selfcare where customers can download invoices, manage payments and interact with customer service.
Who is using Metasite's Open Billing?
It's used by 4 Cable TV/ISP/Fixed telephony companies, each month invoicing approx. 200 000 customers in total.
Contact us for a discussion of your needs and our proposal.